We are Proud to Partner With the Ann & Sandy Cross Conservation Area.
A beautiful protected wildlife habitat and conservation area that is 4,800 acres of rolling foothills.
Located South West of Calgary off 22X – past Spruce Meadows
McInnis and Holloway’s commitment to our newest Memorial Forest is to:
- Plant a tree for every family that we serve within the Ann & Sandy Cross Conservation Area
- The trees will all be 2 – 3 year old spruce or pine that are native to the area
- The trees will be planted within the predetermined planting area by the Calgary Junior Forest Wardens Society
- Families will be emailed updates regarding plantings that will take place each year
- Our first planting for this newest Memorial Forest was in the Spring of 2020
- Donate interpretive / information signage in the designated viewpoint area
- Donate benches and picnic tables to give families a comfortable setting to remember and reflect
- Post all the names for whom trees are planted for on our website
Our newest Memorial Forest within the Ann & Sandy Conservation Area has a viewpoint that families can use to reflect and remember and know that trees have been planted to enhance this beautiful protected area.
In order to reduce the impact on the land, the new plantings and wildlife, the planting area is protected and free of walking trails.
Families are able to visit the Ann and Sandy Cross Conservation area at any time throughout the year.
If you would like to know more about the Ann & Sandy Cross Conservation Area please visit their site at http://www.crossconservation.org/
MEMORIAL FOREST® TREE PROGRAM
What is the Memorial Forest® Program?
The program began in 1996 as a shared initiative between Fish Creek Provincial Park and McInnis & Holloway Funeral Homes, and has now expanded to other areas of the city. For McInnis & Holloway, this program offers families a special way of memorializing a person who has died, and provides families with a meaningful way to deal with a loss. A tree planted will remain a living memorial to which family and friends can return every year.
Where are the Memorial Forest® Locations?
Families are able to have a tree planted in the Ann & Sandy Conservation Area located South West of Calgary off 22X (past Spruce Meadows)
How many trees have been planted to date?
Since June 1996, over 57,000 trees have been planted in the Memorial Forests. This includes the trees planted from 1996 – 2020.
Can families purchase a tree in one of the Forests?
If families wish, any family that was served by McInnis & Holloway have a tree planted in memory of one who has died, at no additional cost to the family. Additional trees can be purchased at a nominal cost, and many people elect to have several trees in the forest as a testimony to someone who has died. Others not served by McInnis & Holloway may also purchase one or more trees to place in our Memorial Forests®.